Digital certificates serve as the backbone of internet security. SSL is used to establish an encrypted connection between a browser or user’s computer and a server or website.
Groundwire Cloud manages and provides SSL for your business needs, we handle all the complexity of singing certs and installation of your SSL Certificates to either your cloud services, Devices.
The SSL connection protects sensitive data, such as credit card information, exchanged during each visit, which is called a session, from being intercepted from non-authorized parties.
Any individual or organization that uses their website to require, receive, process, collect, store, or display confidential or sensitive information.
Boost search rankings
Google prefers secure websites, meaning you’ll have an edge over the competition.
Some examples of this information are:
● logins and passwords
● financial information (e.g., credit card numbers, bank accounts)
● personal data (e.g., names, addresses, social security numbers, birth dates)
● proprietary information
● legal documents and contracts
● client lists
● medical records
There are many different types of SSL certificates based on the number of domain names or subdomains owned, such as:
● Single – secures one fully-qualified domain name or subdomain name
● Wildcard – covers one domain name and an unlimited number of its subdomains
● Multi-Domain – secures multiple domain names
All SSL certificates include:
● Strong SHA-2 and 2048-bit encryption.
● Secure site trustmark to increase customer confidence.
● Unlimited servers and reissues.
● Secure padlock in browser.
● Compatibility with all major browsers and mobile devices.
● Removal of Not Secure warning from browsers.